Tideman Johnson City Park consists of just over 7 acres of natural area. It can be accessed directly from the Springwater Corridor, and it can be a nice stop along the 40-mile loop. The park is a noted destination for bird watching, as the locations attracts bushtits, chickadees, grosbeaks, herons, kingfishers, mourning doves, owls, pigeons, sapsuckers, warblers and woodpeckers. In addition to the bird population, Johnson Creek carries more than 20 different species of fish, including Chinook salmon and steelhead trout.
The park is named for an early pioneer family that owned land encompassing the area; the Johnson family often shared its land for recreational use and holiday celebrations. The site was donated to the City of Portland in 1940.