Located 2 miles upstream from Snoqualmie Falls, under the shadows of Mount Si* and at the confluence of the South, Middle, and North forks of the Snoqualmie River, over 200 acres of meadow, cottonwood forest, wetlands, and sloughs have been preserved to create the Three Forks Natural Area and the 8-acre Three Forks Off-Leash Dog Park.
Popular for its dog park and bird watching, the park is also a mid-way terminus and access point for the 31.5-mile Snoqualmie Valley Trail; because the bicycle trail is bisected into a north and south section, the park serves as the northern terminus for the south section. Following the old rail line, the Snoqualmie Valley Trail will take you southeast upstream all the way to Rattlesnake Lake, the starting point for the John Wayne Pioneer Trail.
* Interestingly, Mount Si was originally known as Uncle Si's Mountain, named after Josiah Merrit ("Uncle Si"). Merrit, who built a cabin at the base of the peak in 1862, was a hog farmer who supplied bacon to the local communities.