Greetings and Happy Holidays! This last week was another fine tour through nearly 30 beautiful spots, all courtesy of a fine bunch of Contributors working to share some of their favorite places to explore and recharge. Washington, Utah, Colorado, California, Idaho, a few Northeast states were all featured in this week's adventures, and the adventure types ranged from hikes, special destinations, and beaches to exhilarating whitewater runs.
Kayaking Brokeback Gorge. Photo by Eric Adsit.
Here are a few to get you started, but be sure to check out the featured adventure tiles below.
- Joffre Lakes Hike: Duncan has made made British Columbia look absolutely stunning this year, and this latest hike is no exception. Fantastic views on this relatively short hike through Joffre Lakes Provincial Park.
- Borah Peak Climb: Matthew Durrant is a new voice who takes it from the very top by bringing us to Idaho's highest point. The views ain't too shabby, and the workout looks like a great one (5,200 feet!). Looks well worth the remote commute.
- Wellington Lake: We're lucky to have a few more adventures roll in from Fernando this week, and Wellington Lake is another chapter in his excellent photographic essay on the wonders of Colorado.
- Brokeback Gorge Kayaking: This run was first explored by Eric and his paddling partner, Taylor Krammen, at low water so they could return when the flows were right. And they were right for this run! You have to see the narrow entrance to One Whistle Falls.
- Jalama Beach: After the adrenaline subsides, chill out at the beach with Denis' fine shots of Jalama Beach. A burger from the grill followed up by a sunset by the surf sounds like a great way to bring in the new year!